Films in development:
Example poster of young boy action/adventure film “Andrew Wilder and the Treasure of the Old Hotel”.
“Dehypnotized”. A short film I wrote, produced, directed, edited, created special effects for, acted in, composed and performed the song at the end. (more consciousness than comedy)
More comedy than consciousness.
Clips from “Dehypnotized”, Doritos spec commercial and “4 or More”.
The reel below is a bunch of clips of me from Gin & Tonic Films short dark comedy called “4 or More”.
Scripts Written by Bruce King:
- BUD UGLY – premium cable lowbrow comedy series (3 episodes written so far). A short, bald, middle-aged bachelor loses his job and decides to buffer his desperation by trying to pick up women way out of his league using wacky schemes. His roommate helps.
- DISINHIBITED – premium cable satirical comedy series. A hyper-religious young woman has a head injury and loses her inhibitions. This interferes with her life at home and at the Free Will Seminary College where she is studying to be a missionary.
- DEHYPNOTIZED – short film (produced 2015). A young woman is dehypnotized and begins having supernatural experiences.
- DISINHIBITION – short film (2nd round at AFF). First 8 pages of sitcom.
- OPPOSITES OF A FEATHER – short film. A cruel young man messes with the wrong girl.
Acting: (Reel and resume, etc.) https://www.backstage.com/bruceking/
Comments: Two career highlights: 1) Reading Richard F. Shepherd’s New York Times review of my performance in the Off-Broadway show “Man Enough”. Mr. Shepherd said, “…he goes to the heart of good acting.” 2) Making it into the top 15% second round at the Austin Film Festival’s screenwriting contest .
Other miscellaneous stuff:
I also did a Christian folk/rock album a while back. I am now a Buddhist, though, so I retired from Christian music.
And, a self-help book I wrote to help people with neck pain.